Commercial drivers working under the regulations of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Federal Transit Administration (FTA), Federal Railroad Administration (FRA), and the Maritime Administration fall under the Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations are required to have mandated driving and other record checks.
Crimcheck specializes in providing mandated background checks and driving record verifications, DOT Employment Verifications and Drug and Alcohol Testing for those in the trucking and transportation industry. We can implement annual testing and help you maintain industry regulated compliance.
The DOT employment verification is a more detailed investigation of a candidate’s employment history as a driver and details specific information from the past 3 years. DOT employment verifications must be completed within 30 days of the candidate being hired, per the U.S. Department of Transportation.
Crimcheck will verify:
- Company Name
- Dates of Employment
- Type of Driver (Tractor-Trailer, Tanker, Van, Flat Bed, Hazmat, Other)
- Type of Driving (Over the Road, Local, Both)
- If the candidate ever refused a drug or alcohol test
- If the candidate every failed a drug or alcohol test
- If there was ever an accident (if there was, the details of the accident, including whether the accident was DOT reportable, preventable and the date)