Retiree Medical Insurance Coverage
Available from Transamerica Affinity
Retiree Medical coverage is specifically designed for retirees age 65 and older who are enrolled in Medicare Parts A and B. This coverage coordinates with Medicare — such as co-insurance and deductibles — to provide more protection. It enables employer and union groups to transition retirees to a defined contribution, fully-insured program while limiting open-ended obligations, reducing health care expenses, and other costs involved with management of retiree coverage.
Benefits to Employers, Unions, and Government Agencies
- High-quality benefit options
- A selection of contribution levels
- Co-payment options that can be used to reduce rates
- Multi-year rate guarantees available Variable participation requirements
- Coverage to help eliminate numerous state-specific plans
Benefits to Retirees:
- Benefits that coordinate with Medicare Guaranteed acceptance
- National coverage with freedom of choice and no networks
- Best-in-class customer service support
- No waiting period for coverage if replacing existing coverage
- Optional Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage available
The Retiree Medical insurance plans are underwritten by Transamerica Life Insurance Company (Cedar Rapids, IA)† and Transamerica Premier Life Insurance Company (Cedar Rapids, IA). † In New York, Transamerica Financial Life Insurance Company, Harrison, New York.