Update your hiring process: Applicants who are looking for new opportunities want streamlined hiring processes, more information, and ease in applying. The expectation in 2022 is that job descriptions will include the salary information (even if it’s just a pay band), how long the process will take from application to hiring decision, and promotional opportunities available for that particular job. With 61% of applications being completed via mobile devices you will also want to ensure compatibility with your applicant tracking system. On the bright side of this competition with Social Media platforms for talent, TikTok may be able to help you fill your vacancies! Through their 2021 pilot program called TikTok Resumes, users can apply for US-based jobs with video resumes. Are you embracing your competition to see how their platform can help you win back talent?
Now is the time to review your process, update your job descriptions and review your applicant tracking system if you want to snag qualified applicants.
Additionally, job seekers may start asking tougher questions during the hiring process so be prepared with a revised “elevator pitch”. We are seeing job seekers asking many of the following questions:
- How did your organization handle the pandemic from an employee standpoint?
- Did you have any reductions in force?
- How long did it take your organization to pivot from a traditional work environment to a virtual one?
- What problems arose due to the pandemic?
- What steps did your organization take to ensure the psychological health of your employees during the pandemic?
- Are my hours set or is there flexibility in my scheduled hours?