The TPSU training and curriculum is both informative and robust, covering the most essential topics of importance pertaining to improved retirement plan stewardship for business owners, benefits specialists and other employer fiduciaries.
Each enrollee is required to attend a half-day certification training program conducted at a participating local college or university.
Additionally, each enrollee must complete 8-12 online courses housed on the TPSU Portal Learning management system, and pass an online proctored examination to earn the C(k)PF Designation.
Core areas of study during the on-site certification training program will include:
Improving participant outcomes;
- Understanding the roles of advisors and service providers;
- Navigating the regulatory environment and meeting DOL requirements;
- Limiting fiduciary liability;
- Effective retirement plan management;
- Plan funding; making plan improvements while minimizing costs;
- Investment selection, monitoring and running an investment committee.