(Click to enlarge image)
General Job Description: Take orders and serve food and beverages to patrons at tables in dining establishment.
Key Traits Measured
• Dependability: Tendency to promptly take orders and check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals, responsibly enter orders for kitchen staff, reliably complete cleaning duties after customer have finished dining, and stock up service areas with supplies.
• Attention to Detail: Tendency to carefully enter customer’s orders, answer questions about menu items, recommend food items based on customer’s needs and desires, ensure that tables are prepared for customers, and identify any errors or mistakes in food orders.
• Self-Control: Tendency to regulate and manage one's emotions by maintaining composure and making rational decisions in difficult or emotional situations, such as resolving customer complaints about food service.
• Cooperation: Tendency to work harmoniously by interacting with customers and colleagues with a good-natured attitude by assisting host or hostess with phone calls, performing food preparation duties, and coordinate cleaning duties with colleagues.
• Stress Tolerance: Tendency to handle criticism constructively and perform well under heavy workload, time pressure, or other stressful situations by quickly recovering and becoming productive following stressful episodes.
Type of Assessments
• Situational Judgment
• Personal Attributes
• Basic Work Skills Assessment
• Interactive Scenario