Relocation is making a comeback in the summer of 2022 and so has grown the challenge for real estate. There is a lot of pent-up demand as it relates to the pandemic and as barriers start to recede there is evidence of not only higher volumes of relocations but higher prices.
In today’s job market opportunities are flourishing, businesses in 2022 must work hard to impress top talent by offering highly competitive salaries, extra rewards, benefits, and location options. In turn companies are adopting an in office or hybrid workplace and seeking competitive job relocation packages. Due to higher demand bookings are largely increasing in the 2021 season.
During summer months also known as peak season the relocation industry accelerates; this directly affects availability, quality, and pricing to relocating employees and their families. During peak season costs are typically 20-30% more expensive, customer complaints also spike as it can be difficult to book when dealing with the increased demand.
Things that you can do to be prepared for peak season relocation:
- Contact your moving company prior to listing your home to see how far out they are booking
- Timing is everything – Plan ahead. Book your Household Goods move ASAP. Scheduling could be 6-8 weeks out.
- Wait to schedule your real estate closing until your move date is firmly reserved with your preferred mover.
- Avoid making changes to your booking as new move dates may be unavailable.
- Moving costs are determined by weight – Lighten your load to save on costs using our discard and donate program.
Be patient and flexible - have a plan should unexpected delays occur.