Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Available from Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching (iPEC)
We take diversity, equity, and inclusion seriously and recognize this is bigger than an immediate statement. iPEC, by the nature of the work we do, impacts the lives of millions of people. This is a responsibility that we do not take lightly and, as such, are moving with intentionality and purpose so that our efforts are profound and sustainable.
- We have entered into a strategic partnership with a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Expert to help us navigate the myriad of factors which play a role in the intersection of DEI and coaching, as well as to ensure we are looking at ourselves and contributing to sustained change in the coaching industry with an objective and thorough lens.
- To ensure we are thinking globally and “wholistically” (spelling intentional) about how to transform coaching as a practice beyond iPEC, we are partnered with the International Coaching Federation (ICF) to support and explore how the coaching industry can combat social injustice.
- We are consulting with marketing experts on implementing DEI strategies within our marketing campaigns.
- Over the next several weeks, we are holding focus groups comprised of DEI experts and coaches from our community to help us:
* Revise our curriculum to include more specific DEI references, examples, and sensitivities.
* Develop a DEI Specialty library so coaches can learn about and then actively support social justice efforts through coaching.