Au Pair in America offers several program options to meet the varied needs of your employees' families.
The first step to become a host family is for them to select the best program to suit their family's needs. We are available to assist employees who need assistance selecting the right program option.
All candidates for the program:
• are between the ages of 18 and 26.
• have at least 200 hours of recent, practical child care experience such as regular babysitting for non-family members or assisting at a local school or youth group. Au pairs who care for children under the age of two will have a minimum of 200 hours of documented experience with children under the age of two.
• speak English to an acceptable standard.
• have earned a secondary school diploma or equivalent. Some may have completed university-level coursework.
• submit a medical report prior to entering the U.S.
• possess a valid driver's license. In countries where attainable, we request applicants secure an international driver's license. They may also be required to obtain a license in your state.
• have successfully passed a background investigation, which includes verification of schooling, references, psychometric test and a criminal record check (where available within the scope of the laws of a given country).
For information on our EXTRAORDINAIRE, EDUCARE, and YEAR2 Au Pair programs, please click the Visit Website link.