Beyond Racism Training: Racial Equity Training Courses
Available from Diversity Builder, Inc.
Diversity Builder's Racial Equity training may be facilitated by live interactive webinar or in-person (onsite) This training addresses structural and systemic racism and helps employees gain tools and actionable strategies to address racism and racial inequality. This program will be tailored to each client and industry. Learn about the Black Lives Matter movement and how to navigate communication to promote positive outcomes.
Diversity Builder has a trainer on the team who has hosted more than 50 podcasts on the topic of race and is considered a training expert on anti-racism.
Diversity Builder's curriculum developer holds a Doctorate Degree in American Cultural Studies and a Master's Degree in Social Justice.
Some key concepts included include the following:
Integrating Racial Justice within Diversity Statements, Vision, Outreach
Dimensions and Types of Racism
• Understand essential concepts and definitions of racial discrimination, microaggressions and other inequities
• Communicate effectively on topics related to race for purposes of positive change and working toward a racism-free culture
• Understand how to utilize bystander intervention to speak up when microaggressions or comments/behavior that may be hurtful occur
• Identify racial bias when it occurs (self-awareness)
• Use strategies to address and counteract bias when it occurs
Develop an action plan for applying skills learned to advance social justice and racial equity.