Cultural Competency for Law Enforcement: Diversity Training for Police Officers is a course designed for law enforcement to enhance knowledge of cultural competency & implicit/unconscious bias and build skills to better connect with the communities they serve.
This online police diversity class is interactive and engaging with quizzes, video scenarios, questions answers, click for deeper understanding and a completion certificate after successful test completion.
This course explores recognizing and addressing bias and making the effort to become culturally aware can foster trust and confidence. When law enforcement practices align with community values and expectations, positive outcomes result. Learn how perceptions based on biases involving an individual’s race, religion, level of ability, gender, ethnicity, immigration status etc. can influence officer conduct and the behavior of suspects or witnesses during a law enforcement encounter.
• Acquire understanding of the key cultural competency terms
• Apply critical thinking to culturally relevant conflict management
• Demonstrate establishing and maintaining trust of a diverse community
• Interpret the value of diversity and inclusion within the force
• Recognize verbal, nonverbal, and environmental microaggressions
• Understand what bias is, including implicit bias, and how to mitigate potential harm
• Identify ways inclusive communication and cultural competency can de-escalate a sitution
No reviews yet.
Let users know what you would have wanted to know about this company.