Master of Science in Leadership and Organizational Development
Available from The University of Texas at Dallas / Executive Education - Org Behavior, Coaching & Consulting
The Master of Science in Leadership and Organizational Development degree program explores essential issues associated with leadership and human systems to conduct planned interventions, using the behavioral-science knowledge that will increase an organization’s effectiveness and health. Graduates of this degree program will be able to:
• Demonstrate a strong foundation in leadership and organizational development theory to design interventions at the system, group, and individual levels.
• Apply best practices that stem from empirical research to issues relevant to changing individuals and groups in organizational cultural contexts and to the organizations themselves to improve effectiveness.
• Manage and analyze change initiatives utilizing assessment tools and diagnostic methodologies.
• Use leverage points in organizations and the human-side of motivating others to take advantage of the opportunities these points represent.
• Utilize a knowledge base in the leadership and organizational development literature, particularly as it applies to multi-level organizational change and transformation.
• Understand and apply evidence-based intervention methods for improving group, intergroup, and interpersonal effectiveness.