Available from Workitect, Inc.
A job competency model is a group of related competencies that together describe superior or effective performance for a particular job or role, in a particular organization.
Workitect’s competency modeling process starts with superior performers being identified, and then studied, to determine the skills, knowledge and personal characteristics that they possess that enables them to be superior performers. The methods used to collect data for the study, such as behavioral event interviews and expert panels, are designed to get beneath mere opinions about superior performance and superior performers.
Competency Models developed by Workitect include these sections:
- Overview of the competencies (typically 8-12) that may include competencies required to support the company’s mission, values, and strategy.
- Major responsibilities and performance measures
- Definition and behavioral indicators of each competency
– Links between responsibilities and competencies
– Technical skills and knowledge requirements
– Future Scan – potential changes affecting the job in the future
– Recommendations on ensuring that incumbents demonstrate each competency, through selection, development, and/or training