Respectful Workplace Training for Managers & Employees
Available from Fair Measures, Inc.
Creating a respectful workplace reduces sexual harassment, discrimination in workplace, a hostile work environment and retaliation issues, which are not only illegal, they can be symptoms of a larger problem.
Our Respectful Workplace workshop starts with a discussion of the minimum requirements of anti-harassment and EEOC law, along with your organization’s policies preventing harassment at work on the basis of all the protected characteristics including sex, race, age, religion, national origin, disability, and sexual orientation. Going beyond this, we address unconscious bias and microaggressions in the workplace, along with bystander training and bring in your organizational values, as well as the values of the participants, to create a respectful workplace. This workshop is designed for a national audience and is compliant with CA, CT, DE, ME and NY harassment laws.
With our Respectful Workplace workshop, participants will learn:
- The causes of harassment, discrimination, retaliation and workplace bullying
- Why most harassment and disrespect are unintentional
- The manager’s duty to prevent and effectively respond to harassment and abusive conduct claims
- How to communicate boundaries and listen to others with respect
- How to address unconscious bias and microaggressions
- What to do as a bystander to harassment and discrimination
- Your organization’s policies and procedures
- The legal definition of harassment, discrimination and retaliation