Managing for Excellence, for both new and seasoned managers, is designed to address one of the most critical skill sets needed to develop staff performance while minimizing legal risk. This half-day program on performance feedback provides a host of best-practice tools to support managers at all levels in setting expectations and goals. While specifically targeting the annual performance review process, the skills learned will provide managers with the ability and structure to provide on-going feedback and coaching. Managing for Excellence is most powerful when offered after managers have attended Managing Within the Law, and is companion program to Hiring the Best: Interviewing for Top Talent.
Who should attend: Experienced and new executives, managers, supervisors and leads.
Participants will learn:
- To achieve excellent technical and business results through the effective leadership of others.
- To minimize legal risks associated with ineffective performance feedback and reviews.
- To develop constructive conversation skills.
- Work with your employees using performance management and development planning tools.
- Retain and motivate employees through continual, effective performance feedback:
- Opportunities and tools for positive (reinforcing) feedback
- Opportunities and tools for corrective (change-driven) feedback.