Keep your workplace a great place to work with this highly interactive program. We give participants a variety of strategies for responding to inappropriate words and actions, including how to engage in effective communication to get results and create a respect-filled workplace for all. The learning points are very clear and exercises are engaging and thought provoking. We discuss the importance of diversity, including people with different values, backgrounds, skills and knowledge sets. Prerequisite for this training is harassment prevention training.
Who Should Attend: Executives, managers, supervisors, all employees
Participants will learn:
- How to communicate boundaries and listen to others with respect
- How to confront challenging conversations with improved skills
- How to approach, not avoid, difficult conversations
- The manager’s duty to prevent harassment and abusive conduct
- How to respond as a bystander and how to report it
- How to address unconscious bias and microaggressions
- To understand and follow company policy
- Guidelines for creating a respectful culture
Format: This program is highly interactive, using humor, stories, videos, small group discussion, and skill-building exercises to ensure deep learning and practical application. We feature excerpts from video programs to demonstrate common aspects of harassment and disrespect in short vignettes and are the starting point for small group discussions and skill-building exercises.