Applicant tracking systems (ATS) track candidates and automate the hiring process. As an end-to-end recruitment management tool, ATS software streamlines the collection of candidate information, parses resumes, filters applicants by skill and experience level, and tracks the onboarding process. Compare ATS options, from comprehensive software solutions that offer ATS features to ATS add-ons that integrate into your current systems to find the best ATS solution for your company.
10 Features to Look for in an Applicant Tracking System
- The ability to create and automate job postings that integrate with job boards and social media platforms.
- Customizable email templates to communicate with candidates, as well as bulk emailing capabilities that allow for sequencing and automation of follow up.
- The ability to filter resumes by custom keyword or skill, and parse by data relevant to the position.
- The ability to rank candidates by fit for position.
- Diversity features that allow for unbiased recruitment and anonymization of resumes to keep the focus on skills and drive your organization’s DEI initiatives.
- Secure storage of applicant data.
- An easy-to-use dashboard that provides visibility into tracking of the applicant journey to help HR team members manage candidates and maintain the recruitment pipeline.
- Integration with internal systems so that team members can collaborate, share messages with notes and feedback, and calendar interviews with stakeholders.
- The ability to customize and automate offer letters as well as coordinate the onboarding process.
- Tools to measure Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and report recruiting metrics.
Looking for a consultant or implementation specialist to help with integrating an applicant tracking system into your core HCM system? Explore companies that offer HR Sofware Consulting »